Photography is the most effective means to project and develop tourism and document culture and heritage. Colors of Saudi Forum is organized for the third year as an annual forum that includes a national exhibition of photography, a short film contest, Saudi Colors Photography Contest, Mobile Photography, an awards ceremony, workshops and training courses.
This Forum is aimed at achieving SCTA’s role in increasing interest in the development of local tourism and cultural dimension of the Kingdom and also, to encourage professional photographers and creative artists to highlight Saudi Arabia’s cultural heritage, tourism experiences, nature, and Saudi faces.
1- Photographers this year are advised against using photos previously entered in the past sessions of the Colors of Saudi contests.
2- Participate using photos of sites rarely photographed before.
3- The creative idea of the submitted photograph should not have been conceived by any other professional differently in the past.
4- Avoid extreme alteration and processing of photos. Photos should be as close to the original as possible.
5- We are looking for photos that will highlight Saudi Arabia’s rich tourism components.
6- Try and capture photos intelligently and with a creative perception avoiding any sites pertaining to visual distortion such as deteriorating, dilapidated or crumbling buildings.
First- Terms of Competition:
- The submitted photo has to be taken by the participant himself, and never been submitted before in the Colors of Saudi Arabia Competition. • The photo has to be taken using a mobile phone camera.
- The maximum number of submitted photos in the competition is one per participant.
- The photo must be given a clear title, to be written in the “title of the photo” field when submitting it in the Tourism photos and films library.
- Photographer has to provide brief description of the photo clarifying its subject, location and the date taken, (in the “photo description” filed when submitting it on the website).
- The competitor has the right to submit his/her work that has been captured through photography. Only colored photographs are accepted, while monochrome (Back & White) or panoramic images will be rejected.
- The participating photos need to be submitted in a digital file format with jpg extension, and not less than 1000 pixel in size.
- Lightning, color contrasts and brightness are allowed to be altered in a limited way not affecting the photo’s originality.
- Additions and merging are not allowed. Photos with a window showing signature, date or photographer’s name or any other added elements will not be accepted in the competition.
- The photographer has the property right of the submitted photo and he/she will be its sole owner, considering the following:
First: The participating photos: Colors of Saudi Arabia Forum management has the right to use the submitted photos (whether a winner or not) in the Colors of Saudi Arabia Forum competition booklet and in any other means or materials associated with the forum and competition or use for promotion.
Second: The winning photos: Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities (SCTA) has the right to use the winning photos in a variety of mediums, including exhibitions, advertisements, brochures, leaflets and other electronic means. SCTA also has the right to authorize another party to re-publish the photos in any other commercial and non-commercial media, domestic and international, for the purpose of promoting Saudi tourism and the Forum
- Colors of Saudi Arabia Forum Management issues a book about the competition containing the winning photos and some of the participating photos selected by the competition jury. The book will be made available free of charge to the winners, the owners of the selected photos and some forum guests. Copies of the book will be available for purchase by forum’s visitors. (Photographers who do not wish for their photos to be published in the book should inform the organizing committee making the remarks while subscription).
- The competition management has the right to reject any submitted photographs that do not comply with the specifications, objective, subject, or conditions, without assigning any reasons.
- Participant shall not be entitled to in any way, to withdraw a photograph from the competition once it has been submitted for the contest.
- The members of the organizing committee and the jury of Colors of Saudi Forum or its employees or the employees of SCTA, or employees of other parties organizing the competition and the Forum, shall have no right to participate in the competition.
- Conditions for participation in the contest are final. Participating in the competition means a comprehensive pre-approval of all the above conditions. Participations that do not comply with the above stated terms and conditions will be rejected.
- Participation and photos should be exclusively submitted through the Saudi Tourism Photos and Films Library in SCTA on the following link: www.SeeSaudi.sa. Submitting photos using any other means will not be considered.
- The photo must have been taken on or after 1/1/2012.
- Saudi Arabia Standard Time (GMT +3) is the adopted timing for all the competition’s time and dates.
- The photo’s original file and the ownership document of the photo may be required to be submitted to the competition management. So, the photo’s original image-file should be kept without any modification. The participant should abide by to send it within 48 hours when requested.
- The jury and the organizing committee are entitled to withhold the award of one of the ranks in case the submitted work fails to comply with the required specifications or if the winning photo breaks the terms of the competition.
Second: Participant Pledges:
- Once he/she participates in the competition, the contestant pledges to the following: He/she is the sole owner of all the rights related to the submitted photograph (including all of the items in the picture and creative ideas related thereto) and that no third party has any kind of right on the photo. The participant himself bears full responsibility, whether legal or criminal, related to the submitted photo.
- No act has been committed on any rights related to the photo in any form, such as, full rights have been sold, or its ownership has been waived to any other persons or entities which may cause the photo to break the terms of the competition, or cause any kind of liability on the completion management or SCTA, or prevents free use of the photo and its related rights.
- That he/she has rendered full approval for persons and property in the submitted photo and that it is permitted to be published in publications, exhibitions or advertisements under the above terms.
- The submitted photos to comply with the religious, ethical and legal norms adopted in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.